about the latest ubuntu

talmage at somtel.com talmage at somtel.com
Wed Apr 4 21:14:54 EDT 2007

That's interesting, a much more thorough manual than one usually comes across.
I don't like scanning my manuals for specific info like that, because
when I start talking about laying out cash I get serious.  I like to
try and download the manuals from the internet as soon as I get new
hardware.  Even if I have no intent of reading it any time soon, its
nice to have on hand in case you need it later.  As fast as
technology changes, it may not be available if you wait too long.
I've never had a motherboard like that one which allows for use of
either Simms or Dimms, and one that breaks the slots down into 2
banks a piece.  It's a pretty cool idea though.
Motherboards can be fussy things though, way back when I was using
128K Simms, I had a motherboard that wanted parity modules, but
wouldn't use 3 chip Simms, only the 9 chip type.
The one thing I have found in the past is that it is good to not get
too creative, and while now-a-days you can usually mix modules of
different size, you don't want to mess around mixing parity verses
non-parity, and while it usually holds true that you can mix memory
speeds in older systems, they aren't as forgiving these days.