about the latest ubuntu

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 4 09:42:44 EDT 2007

I had a 1 Ghz machine with 256 Mb RAM.  And it froze when I ran the ubuntu
installer, ubiquity. I bumpted it up to 512 and it worked. So I'll bet you
have to have something more than 256 but maybe you can get by with less than
512. What is 256 + 128? 384, right? Didn't somebody else say they were
running ubuntu from the CD with 384?