speakup crashing problem

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sun Apr 1 02:16:07 EDT 2007

Hi, Usually they only make a new iso when a new stable version of debian is
released.  Debian was going to release the next version etch in December of
2006 but they fell behind and are having problems with their new debian
installer from what I have read on the internet using google.  When
installing from the iso I used linux26 to have the 2.6 kernel instead of the
2.4 kernel because 2.6 is newer then 2.4 and I wanted the latest kernel
during installation.  As far as I know you first need to install from the
iso then upgrade to the newest kernel 2.6.18 which is much better.  This is
the proper list for these types of questions as most of us use speakup in
some shape or form so can help out new people.