ssh file transfering

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu Sep 28 12:59:27 EDT 2006

Use sftp.  To login to the server (if your username is different then that on
local system), type sftp username at hostname, where username and hostname are your
username on the remote system and hostname of the remote system respectively.
Ip address can also be substituted for hostname.  You don't have to tell sftp if
you're transfering binary or text files.  Your file transfering commands, get
put mget mput etc., should all work as you expect.