raids

Ned Granic ngranic at cox.net
Sat Sep 9 01:57:14 EDT 2006

Thanks folks for the help with hardware.

Then, I came to a halt again!
Manually partitioning the disks:
After matching the partitions from hda (master) and hdb (slave), and
clicking on "finish and write changes to disk", the following error pops up:

<box>
partition disks:
identical mount points for two file systems.
Two file systems are assigned the same mount point (/):
ide1 master, partition #1 (hda1) and ide slave, partition #1 (hdb1).
please correct this by changing mount points.
<end box>
So on both drives there is the root partition with the ext3 fs, they are
both set to be formatted, the bootable flag is set on both, the mount points
are / (root dir), and sizes are identical.
Finally, they are matched.

How to proceed?

Many thanks in advance!
Ned