speakup with ubuntu

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Oct 30 18:36:12 EST 2006

The ubuntu boot: prompt to be useful would need a single beep as it
appeared on the screen and a short double beep when it left the screen.
This way totally blind users with some useable hearing would be able to
gauge when to do the keyboard commands to get ubuntu talking.  For the
existing boot prompt, first is it possible to choose two accessibility
options and what number would be usd to disable mouse input?  I need to
get a rather large track ball to replace the mouse since that mouse ends
up getting knocked around the desk and when hooked up gets me into no end
of trouble with software.