Why is Virtualization needed for the installation to be successful in FC6?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Oct 30 09:52:29 EST 2006

Glad to see you got past your first problem with virtualization.

As per my last note, I can atest that it isn't required. But this
doesn't answer why your ran into a problem and were unable to complete
the installation without Xen.

The updates of the disks is a long standing tradition with the Speakup
Modified. It simply reflects the inclusion of updated
packages--whichever packages have been updated. Since Xen is in the
kernel, and since the kernel hasn't been updated, I would not expect any
change.

However, I don't know the answer to what you encountered. My suggestion
would be to google for this issue and perhaps check the Fedora lists.

Janina