speakup and edgy eft

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 29 07:31:28 EST 2006

Joshua Lambert wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is speakup included in edgy eft?  For example, is it possible to type
> speakup_synth=ltlk
> at the boot prompt, get speech, then switch init levels from the
> gnome-terminal on the livecd to get a command prompt in text mode?

Yes, speakup is included on the Edgy Live CD but I'm not sure what the
best way to get it started is. (this is why I'm asking for advice for
the next version)

Our boot prompt is a bit different than others because we use a
graphical bootloader. You have to first press F6 to add more boot options.

Henrik