Software speech (Was): Re: Fedora Core 6 and speakup?

Chris Norman cnorman at rnibncw.ac.uk
Sat Oct 21 12:43:26 EDT 2006

I don't know about FC6.

But I'm using espeak which works with speakup (via speech-dispatcher and
speechd-up), and orca.

I'm having a bit of a problem with it though; in that it's not pronouncing
things properly. Letters like g don't pronounce at all, either alone or
phinetically, and it pronounces my name (chris) as a hiss.

ANyone got any ideas on that? it's speak version 1.11a.

Cheers,

Chris Norman
<!-- cnorman at rnibncw.ac.uk -->