Fedora Core 6 and speakup?

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Sat Oct 21 12:07:49 EDT 2006

Ginina writes:

> Well, FC6 isn't out yet, so how can you ask this?
>
> The test releases which precede the release of FC6 are working with
speech, and speech assisted installation. So, we will have a return of the
Speakup Modified Fedora > following sometime after the release of FC6 at
long last. This will include a new version of the Installation HOWTO, a
revamped web address and a revamped web site, along > with yum support.
> But none of this happens before the FC6 release, and I make no time
commitments on how fast it all hapens following the release of FC6 itself,
which is most recently > announced by Red Hat for this coming Tuesday,
October 25.

Thanks for your informative answers as always.

Sorry, I read somewhere that it was due to be released on Thursday. I didn't
think to look again, I just saw a few messages on the FC devel list that
indicated that speakup was going to be part of this release so I was
curious.

It all sounds very interesting. Please don't hesitate to ask if there is
anything I can do.  Coding isn't one of my strong points but documentation /
web development are two things I might be able to assist with.

Talk again soon

Darragh