Fedora Core 6 and speakup?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Oct 21 11:55:15 EDT 2006

Darragh writes:
> Has FC6 been modified with Speakup support?

Well, FC6 isn't out yet, so how can you ask this?

The test releases which precede the release of FC6 are working with
speech, and speech assisted installation. So, we will have a return of
the Speakup Modified Fedora following sometime after the release of FC6
at long last. This will include a new version of the Installation HOWTO,
a revamped web address and a revamped web site, along with yum support.
But none of this happens before the FC6 release, and I make no time
commitments on how fast it all hapens following the release of FC6
itself, which is most recently announced by Red Hat for this coming
Tuesday, October 25.

Janina