A version of Speakup... for your cell phone?

Jonathan Duddington jsd at clara.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 04:43:12 EDT 2006

In article <Pine.BSF.4.64.0610042338260.19876 at freire2.furyyjbeyq.arg>,
   Luke Davis <ldavis at shellworld.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Jonathan Duddington wrote:

> > It shouldn't be a problem. I'm typing this email on a 200MHz ARM
> > processor, with eSpeak echoing words as I type.

> What device is it that you are using, if I may inquire?

It's not a portable device, it's an old desktop computer called "Risc
PC", see:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riscpc

I use it because of an excellent email program (although I'm probably
biased about that :-) One useful feature is that when speaking emails
and newsgroups messages it speaks different levels of quoting (from
do this?