A version of Speakup... for your cell phone?

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Wed Oct 4 20:14:42 EDT 2006

I would have thought it should be possible, but some tweaking may be needed
to get it working well. When you consider things such as mbrola has been
ported to symbian series60, and flite has been run on an ipod (I can't
remember the specific link, but it was part of the ipodlinux project).

Also it won't be the first phone to run linux, as I remember, when looking
how to connect my phone to my linux machine, I found some one who had tried
to put linux on a nokia 3650 (or similar).

Mobile phones are becoming so close to the specs of PDA's and such like, I
am now just waiting for the day when so much time has been spent on the
other features, that manufacturers forget to put the phone functions in.

From
Michael Whapples