A version of Speakup... for your cell phone?

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Wed Oct 4 18:06:37 EDT 2006

I think there are several law suits on the issue of accessible cellphones which
relate to cdma-based networks.    the short answer is that gsm is what 82% of
the global mobile phone market uses according to gsmworld.com.  I believe it is
an open standard and I know that some of the operating systems used on these
phones like simbian and linux are open.  This is america, we defy the world's
standards from digital radio and TV. to measurement.