kernel pre-emption and software speech

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Wed Oct 4 17:47:11 EDT 2006

In some cases we have to accept less than perfect code. By this I mean that
it may function correctly with out no problems, but may need tidying up and
other techniques may be more effecient, but if it is the only software that
offers those functions then you should accept for what it gives, unless you
are prepared to sort it out. Just leaving it definitely doesn't resolve the
issues.

The other thing is that speakup seems to be good enough for some distros to
include speakup in the default kernel and some others have it as an
optional kernel but still in the main distro, and are they less stable than
others? (these include slackware, gentoo, grml). I always found it strange
that Redhat said how good speakup is, but never had it included on the main
distro media.

From
Michael Whapples