kernel pre-emption and software speech

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 4 16:51:04 EDT 2006

Steve Holmes wrote:

> How does git differ from svn? I heard svn (Subversion) was better than
> cvs but what is said of git? Elinks developers use git also.  It would
> be nice to standardize on a single revision system but choice is what
> it's all about I guess.

There are many good alternatives, and I personally use bzr, but when you
try do work closely with another project like speakup does with the
kernel it helps to be on the same system. Great news that work is being
done on this!

Kirk: Thanks for the background on that. I'll talk some more with Ben
our kernel guy and see if we can help with this process.

Henrik