Speech-dispatcher

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Tue Oct 3 19:41:24 EDT 2006

I don't know what it is from the information given, so some more information
may help.

Are the configuration files those provided with speech-dispatcher, or have
you added your own stuff to get espeak working (well attempt to get it
working)? particular areas of interest is the line in speechd.conf where the
module is added. My AddModule line for espeak reads
AddModule "espeak-generic" "sd_generic"   "espeak-generic.conf"
"var/log/speech-dispatcher/espeak.log"
Then the default module is set to espeak-generic. This is also assuming that
your espeak module configuration file is called espeak-generic.conf, rename
as required. Also what version of speech-dispatcher, espeak, etc are you
using?

Hope this helps, if not at least it has narrowed down the options for
possible problems.

From
Michael Whapples