Speakup going quiet on scrolling text

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Tue Oct 3 00:02:26 EDT 2006

I have noticed this problem before.  I think at one point I may have even
found a way around it, because it hasn't been happening on my older
version for a while.

Let's say I am reading something with less, and tell it to scroll the next
200 lines at me.

About 50 lines in (just a guess), speakup will suddenly go silent.  The
next several key presses will have no effect, until suddenly it is back,
although the scrolled text is gone.

I do not know my older version where this happened, but I know it wasn't
happening in Shane's Debian boot CD, which was using some version from CVS
around the time 2.0 was released, I believe.

Luke