Using a web browser in gnome

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sun Nov 26 12:35:21 EST 2006

Hi.

The best way I have found to stop Orca speaking in Firefox is to copy
the self voicing script to my .orca/orca-scripts dir and rename it to
Firefox.py.  Note: the f in Firefox.py is upper case.

One problem with this is that Firevox doesn't read all dialogs in
Firefox, so you loose access to these dialogs when you silence Orca.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny