orca/lsr comparison wanted

Sergei V. Fleytin fleytin at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 14 11:27:02 EST 2006

Hi!

KR> Hi Folks: It looks like I am going to be forced into the 'X'
KR> support roll for our department here and was looking for some
KR> comparisons between orca and lsr.  I didn't really want to install
KR> both so was hoping for other peoples experiences as a guide.

I have 1300 mHZ AND duron machine with 256 mb of ram. When I tried lsr
on one of my system (the latest Ubuntu), it slowed evrything down so
much that I ended up with almost unusable system. While orca works
just fine. So, if your hardware is not powerful enough I would warn
against using lsr. As far as functionality is concerned, I think
others may provide better comments.

With best wishes,

Sergei.