Updating the Speakup archive

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sat Nov 11 17:34:52 EST 2006

Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> writes:

> Hi, Tom:
>
> You're certainly welcome to mirror files from speakupmodified.org. That
>
> Please do not remove the redhat or the fedora directories, as there are
> still direct href pointers to these in various documents out on the net.
> Rather, we would appreciate Apache redirects to speakupmodified.org for
> any access to these directories. I believe the permanent redirect would

Speakupmodified.org should really be a mirror of linux-speakup.org
rather than a totally seperate tree.  Folks that get their material
such as ftp or rsync will not get the same archive as http while it is
not the actual mirror of the repository.  You could always upload your
files seperately rather than uploading and then mirroring but the
apache redirects are only useful in a limited way from a site
mirroring perspective.  If the site is properly mirrored then peoples
downloading experience will be consistant across transfer managers.
Hi bandwidth is good for folks that have good connectivity but for
users of slower connections it is not so much as important.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061