Problems installing Speakup Modified

Radical NetSurfer radsurfer at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 16:50:47 EST 2006

First, I am very interested in all this talk about any
alternative way to continue to use ISA devices, such
as
the USB interface.  I would imagine the Doubletalk,
and DecTalk ISA cards are not that intensive with what
they have to do so designing any USB interface would
be more straightforward, than, say, other more
demanding ISA cards.  I see no reason why it couldn't
work.  Affordability is another issue.

On the subject of getting Speakup Modified working for
me:
Someone suggested that perhaps I might be able to
download a Fedora Core 5 Kernal update package, and
use something like RPM -Uvh to replace/update the
existing FC-5 Kernal with the Speakup one.

Is that really possible?
And I have not been able to find the proper download
page for such a RPM for Fedora Core 5.
Please note I am saying 5 and not the newer version 6.

If I can just perform this simple kernel installation
over the

 existing default FC-5 kernel, I would try that,
not expecting to do any recompiling.

I await your comments.

I am delighted how well my DoubleTalk card is now
 working in FC-5. Thanks again everyone.

//Rich//