multiple soundcards

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 1 09:22:29 EST 2006

I don't use any of the applications you mention but when i put a second
sound card in my linux machine, it just made another dsp device. So you'd
have /dev/dsp1 and /dev/dsp2.

I don't use the apps you mention but there's no reason why it would be
difficult to switch between sound cards because coding it would be no more
difficult than writing to 2 different files.

If you wanted to play 2 different sound files at the same time you could
just do this:

# cat file1.au > /dev/dsp1
# cat file2.au > /dev/dsp2

Anyway, I guess my point is that if it is difficult to switch between sound
cards the application is bogus.