Ned some help with FC6

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Nov 5 19:14:18 EST 2006

Not enough information, Christian. See below ...

Christian writes:
> /sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 firstboot off
> It seem to work since I got no errors.

You can tell for sure by doing:

chkconfig --list firstboot

There's no reason to guess.

By the way, was the installation complete? Did you have the "Reboot"
button on screen?

> Then I rebooted the system. The harddrive was working for some time but after a little while nothing happened. I pressed ctrl-Alt-F1 to bring up a console but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Go to single user mode. At the grub prompt do:

a s

You did provide yourself a beep in grub.conf so you'll know when to do
this, like the HOWTO says to do, right?

Janina