Disappointed.

Radical NetSurfer radsurfer at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 15:09:09 EST 2006

Hello everyone.

I am not blind. I have several friends who are. I love
helping them when I can. I have a very strong interest
in
speech synthesis hardware and software.
I have several programs I have created for myself
using
microsoft speech API 4.0a, and can access Doubletalk
ISA,
and Dectalk PC ISA cards with my own humble software.

I have also been using Fedora Core ever since 2, 3, 4
and
now 5.  When I was told about this special version of
Fedora Core 6, I just had to get it and test it.

I do not have a highspeed connection.  I do not use
the network card in the Linux system all that much.
That presented one problem with this new Speakup
Fedora version.
the other problem is if you are just working with
nothing else but the CD's or DVD's it seems absolutely
impossible to get this to install itself.
I tried on 2 different computers and it just does the
same silly thing complaining it can not open or find
any of the required packages. And when you attempt to
boot there's absolutely nothing there recognized as an
OS, so the stand alone install is failing totally all
around.  I am not happy with this.

So my first message here concerns trying to figure out
what needs to be done to get Speakup Fedora to run on
a totally standalone PC with no highspeed connection.

If you can help with the speakup install please let me
know.

My other important concern is I have both a Doubletalk
ISA and a DecTalk PC ISA card.  I would prefer to use
the DecTalk ISA card if there is any chance of getting
Speakup Fedora to install itself. Any comments about
that please.

One final question, is the speakeasy voip still used
at all or is that abandomed now?
Anyone out there using Skype voice over IP by any
chance?

Thank you for your valued assistance.

signed,
disappointed Speakup Modified Fedora Installer
(only temporary I hope).

//Rich//