modprobe speakupmain hangs

luke speakup at lists.tacticus.com
Wed Nov 1 19:41:37 EST 2006

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> I've always had speakup_main built into the kernel, so I can't confirm
> anything on that. However, I did report a while back having issues

Sorry, my bad.  Greg did *not* say he was having the same problem as was
I, with speakup_main compiled as a module.  I had recalled it incorrectly.
In particular, he responded to the post in which I reported the
speakup_main problem, with a different but similar problem, which I
misremembered as the same one I was having.  See:

<http://speech.braille.uwo.ca/pipermail/speakup/2006-October/040388.html>

Apologies.

Luke