Need information about sound.

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Sat May 27 09:05:09 EDT 2006

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 03:35:07PM +0530, Satyam wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have large collection of audio casets and planning to convert them
> into mp3 format and burn them in to CDs or DVDs. Now my question is
> Is there any program or  command utility that will help in

You'll be spoile for choice.

> A. record the sound.

Take look at the sox package or as a part of the alsa suite arecord.
> B. save in to mp3 format and.

Well you can get lame blade but look at vorbis ogg.
> C.  helps me to edit sound wave files that were recorded

Well use any of the above utilities to generate a wav file and pass it through any of the sox filters to remove hiss etc. then use soundgrab to split the tracks.

HTH

Gena

> In windows I am using a utility called gold wave. Now I am planning to
> do the same kind of operations in linux.
> Hope to hear from you.
> Satyam

---end quoted text---

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux