State of accessibility in linux

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Fri May 26 12:25:45 EDT 2006

The specific problems I have when using speakup for everyday things, would
not be solved by changes in speakup, but would require some other text based
software. The problems are javascript that will be recognised by those
awkward sites that expect specific browsers and seem to refuse anything else
and a decent OCR package.

There may be some features to make speakup quicker and easier to use, but in
my mind it works very well with the text console. If it were to work with
the Xwindow environment, it would loose some of those features I like now
(speech all the time whilst the computer is running).

From
Michael Whapples