Question about ALSA.

Satyam satyanarayanamurthy.tanikella at gmail.com
Thu May 25 22:16:55 EDT 2006

Dear friends,
I installed speakupmodified fedora core 3 on my PC and planning to
enable speakup using software synth. As per the instructions in the
howto I downloaded speech dispatcher 0.6. After un taring I issued the
command ./configure Hear it gave the message configured with out support
of flite, ALSA and NAS.
Now my questions are:
1. How to get the support of ALSA and flite?
2. I found that  ALSA are found in /usr/include. Do I need to download
any ALSA related components to enable ALSA support?
Appreciating your help.
Hope to hear from you.
Satyam

--