speakup debian cdrecord question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue May 23 17:13:54 EDT 2006

For now I've been using the unofficial version with I thinkk a January
2004 date on it.  I did burn a cd with cdrecord which I imported from the
debian repository recently.  The speakup was downloaded from the
people.debian.org/~shane/netinst-speakup site.  When I burned the CD, I
heard a sense key error that came up but here's the strange thing, it
happened after the burn and fixating had finished.  I'll find out what the
quality of the new download was later but am wondering about the
interactions between that kernel version and the present version of
cdrecord.  The iso image on hard drive and cd cdvice have no differences
according to diff.  I used diff -r /home/jude/speakup_netinst-3.1r0a-1.iso
/dev/sr1 and got nothing back but the shell prompt after a few seconds of
silence.