Trouble with speech dispatcher.

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed May 17 19:23:46 EDT 2006

I think I'm on to something.  I'm sorking this machine by remote ssh
session so can't be totally sure but What I see so far is the sftsyn
module is not being auto loaded when echoing "sftsyn" to
/proc/speakup/synth_name.  That used to work.  when I echoed "sftsyn" to
/proc..., the value did not stick; as soon as I modprobed
speakup_sftsyn, then the /proc variable got updated.  Is this change by
design? do we have to explicitely modprobe speakup modules now or am I
missing something some place.  I don't recall seeing keyhelp in there
either but that's for another discussion:).  if it is by design, I'll
just add the modprobe line into my rc.speakup script and it'll be all
good.