Trouble with speech dispatcher.

Tomas Cerha cerha at brailcom.org
Wed May 17 02:39:48 EDT 2006

Satyam napsal(a):
> After careful reading the install document
> of speech dispatcher I issued the command
> Make all
> Then I am getting the following error: No rule to make target all.stop

Hi Satym,

you should run "./configure" first.  I checked the INSTALL document and
I see it is not clear from it, so I CC this to Hynek, since he might
want to fix that.

> What is the cause for this message and how to rectify it.

The cause is that you don't have the Makefile, which drives the build
process.  The Makefile is created by running the ./configure script.
This is a common method, and is generally applied when building any C
software from source on Linux.

Best regards, Tomas.

PS: It would be definitely nice to find someone willing to maintain
Fedora binary packages of Speech Dispatcher...

--
Brailcom, o.p.s. http://www.brailcom.org
Free(b)soft project http://www.freebsoft.org