eSpeak tip

Alastair Irving alastairirving19 at hotmail.com
Mon May 15 04:11:23 EDT 2006

Having installed the cvs version of speech dispatcher, there is a
definite deteriation in the responsiveness of espeak.  I have eventually
reverted to the espeak.conf file that Michael originally sent to the
list.  This is far more responsive since the text is spoken imediately
rather than saved as a wav.

It appears that aplay always takes a short period of time to load, and
doesn't get killed imediately.  What is the advantage of saving to wav
1st?

Alastair Irving
e-mail (and MSN): alastairirving19 at hotmail.com