Is it just me, or...

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Tue May 9 16:46:13 EDT 2006

Is ntpd still connecting with one or more ntp servers, or is it
guessing the time based on a local drift file on your system?  I have
experienced some periods of time when the primary ntp server I use was
temporarily unavailable, so my system started using the local drift
file to guess how much it needed to correct for the hardware clock
deficiencies.

As for the '-s' parameter, I start my systems with 'ntpd -gq'--maybe
this set of options will work better for you if they are available
with your version of ntpd?

HTH, and have a _great_ day!