Is it just me, or...

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Mon May 8 16:19:25 EDT 2006

If this time slipping has not always been a problem on your system,
then your CMOS battery might be running low.  Some systems recharge
the CMOS battery while the power is on, and running your system more
frequently and/or more often might help recharge it.

Many computers have what I call 'sloppy clocks'--clocks that are not
very good at keeping proper time over a long stretch.  The computer I
am using right now gains about 10 seconds per day when I do not run
`ntpd', and I have heard of systems which are much worse--maybe your
computer likes to drift a little as well?

HTH, and have a _great_ day.