googling tips?

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri May 5 12:24:59 EDT 2006

At 06:25 PM 5/4/2006, Justin Ekis wrote:
>There is already a google scraper program like you're talking about. Try
>the search form on this page.
>http://www.scroogle.org/scraper.html
>It seems to have a very clean and minimal interface, loads fast and
>there are no cookies or search term records kept. The only downside is
>you can't bookmark result pages. Not too sure why that is.

that is a good resource. In fact, I changed the search form on my home page
to point there instad of directly at google. But there is another drawback
besides the one you listed: No  link to google's cache. Often, pages move
or are removed and then you can access google's cached version of the page.

Also, I don't think it provides a linke to google's "View as HTML" link. I
use that a lot when I get a bunch of pdf files in the search results.

But, i think I'll try it for a while and see how it goes.