googling tips?

Justin Ekis jekis at ntelos.net
Thu May 4 19:25:19 EDT 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 03:46:37PM -0500, John Heim wrote:
> Next thing I'm going to do is write a screen scraper program to connect to
> the google server, get search results, parse the results page, and display
> just the results. I'm going to get rid of all that dreck google has added
> over the years.

There is already a google scraper program like you're talking about. Try
the search form on this page.
http://www.scroogle.org/scraper.html
It seems to have a very clean and minimal interface, loads fast and
there are no cookies or search term records kept. The only downside is
you can't bookmark result pages. Not too sure why that is.