A SUSE network configuration problem

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Tue May 2 12:31:45 EDT 2006

Hi All

I've got a network problem with my SUSE 10 box which I don't understand and wondered if any of you guys had any ideas, or point out that I've missed something.

I have a Windows Wireless card and it's matching kernel number ndiswrapper which work on this debian installation.  i.e.  The same kernel and ndiswrapper version work here and have been recompiled on the SUSE partition.

I've ensurred that /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward has the value of 1.

I can ssh on to other machines on my small network but can't get out to the outside world.

I've disabled the firewall, I think.

I've copied entries for hosts.allow over too.  Although, the hosts.allow file is quite large.

Have I missed something?  Or is there something else I should observe?

In anticipation, thanks.

Gena

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux