New Linux PDA For Blind People

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Mar 29 15:45:04 EST 2006

Steve:

Marc is doing his own voicing using Eloquence by default, with options
for DEC Talk or Cepstral available for an extra charge not yet
determined. In other words, he's not a screen reader and is instead far
closer to the Emacspeak "audio desktop" approach.

But, you do get to go to a shell prompt on the Icon and roll whatever
you can roll of your own there. I should caution that his processor is
integer only, though.

Janina