OCR gets better!

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Mar 16 19:50:29 EST 2006

Unless they've changed something Clara isn't accessible.  The web
interface is designed for sharing font images for a font database but
the operation is all 'X' or it was when I last looked at it.

Ocrad however does a pretty good job in general.  Not as good as the
commercial engines but all-in-all not bad.  There are debian packages
for ocrad and I imagine rpm as well.  I have been working recently on
improving socrates support to handle a range of engines and do some
hand and automated scanner control for things like resolution, scale
and contrast.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061