OCR gets better!

Steve Dawes sdawes at telus.net
Thu Mar 16 14:43:20 EST 2006

Steve,

There is an open source ocr, Clara OCR, found at http://www.claraocr.org
that sounds interesting.
I have not used it yet, but from what I read, it may be accessible to us.
Even though it says it is written for the x-windows environment, it also
brags of having a Web interface.
If the Web interface is a full Web version of the application, then it
sounds like there may be a break through at last.

I also did a search on "open source ocr" on google, and the 2 that I found
came up the most are
clara ocr, already discussed, and gocr, formally jocr.
Both projects seem to be having some work done on them.

I don't know if this is the answer you were looking for, but it is all I
know for now.

Steve
Steve

Steve Dawes