Slight speech irregularity with grml

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Mar 13 06:00:53 EST 2006

* Tyler Spivey <tspivey at pcdesk.net> wrote:

> The problem you're having is zsh. This turned me off of the shell, until
> I found:
> setopt singlelinezle
> which fixed the problem. I've been using zsh ever since. In the debian
> version (4.3 or something) you also need:
> unsetopt prompt_cr
> or else the shell will write a percent or a number sign, delete it, and
> print the prompt (which speakup will, if course, read).
> also, grml does some weird things with the prompt, using ansi color or
> the like, so
> export PS1='%m%# ' should do the trick.

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'll take a closer look at it.
I'd be glad if you report such issues to me or other grml-developers
so we can fix it and other users don't have to debug it on their
own. ;)

> If I could get grml to boot off my usb stick, I'd put all that in a
> config file. I don't want to cary around a floppy, though, so that won't
> work for the cd. It'll boot off the stick, but the kernel takes 2
> minutes to load, then grml another 2.

JFYI: You don't have to boot from USB to use your own configuration
files.  Take a look at the powerful config-framework:
http://grml.org/config/

regards,
-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins