Slight speech irregularity with grml

Tyler Spivey tspivey at pcdesk.net
Sat Mar 11 21:00:44 EST 2006

The problem you're having is zsh. This turned me off of the shell, until
I found:
setopt singlelinezle
which fixed the problem. I've been using zsh ever since. In the debian
version (4.3 or something) you also need:
unsetopt prompt_cr
or else the shell will write a percent or a number sign, delete it, and
print the prompt (which speakup will, if course, read).
also, grml does some weird things with the prompt, using ansi color or
the like, so
export PS1='%m%# ' should do the trick.
If I could get grml to boot off my usb stick, I'd put all that in a
config file. I don't want to cary around a floppy, though, so that won't
work for the cd. It'll boot off the stick, but the kernel takes 2
minutes to load, then grml another 2.
Hope this helps, and if you have any other zsh questions, I'll try to
help.

Here is my .zshrc file. Under Arch (the distro I'm using now) prompt_cr
doesn't need to be unset because it's using zsh 4.2, or something to do
with the terminal, not sure.

#unsetopt prompt_cr
export PS1='%m%# '
autoload -U zmv
export PATH=$PATH:/home/tyler/bin:/usr/local/bin:/home/tyler/cdrutils
setopt singlelinezle autocd
setopt menucomplete
unsetopt listbeep autolist
source ~/.zshalias