looking for a server host

Chris Norman cnorman at rnibncw.ac.uk
Mon Mar 6 06:37:15 EST 2006

What MUD server are you using?

Cheers,

Chris Norman
<!-- chris.norman4 at ntlworld.com -->
----- Original Message -----
From: "tyler" <compgeek13 at gmail.com>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 3:32 AM
Subject: Re: looking for a server host

I have tried, I have had a problem, a couple months ago, My mud stopped
working. For some reason. When I connect, it won't respond on the server
side. I have done what I could on google, and not much has helped. I have
re-compiled, and etc.
Anyway, after re-compilation, and everything, I wrote to mat, and told him
of my issues. He told me that he couldn't help me, and to have someone help
me.
So, I am stuck, when I tried to get more help, he just got real irritated,
and wrote me a really frustrated message. Anyway, I have some reason to
believe that it is on server side, because he is accusing people of running
irc bots and etc on his servers, (probably not with out cause) and I am
assuming that in his attempt to block these, he has also blocked my mud
server, as he specializes in roms.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
also, in another message, blind tech said,
"is this thing still in dev stags. I thought something would have been
produced by now. I mean, its been like six months."
So, where is yours?
Learn to count, then join a linux list, it has been two months, and, I have
been fighting server issues most of the time, and haven't really been able
to develop. I have ideas (lots of them) and ways to code them, and when this
thing is ready to run, I am going to code, but, not until then. Also, as
your comments are really not needed... Well. Considering that all we have
seen from you is zilch... When you have your name on a project. Then, you
can talk about other people's, but until then, I don't want to hear a thing,
ok?
Thx all for your help, and for dealing with blindtech.
~~Ty~~