installed Fedora Core 5 but have questions

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Wed Jun 28 11:11:04 EDT 2006

OK. After a short-lived experience with GRML I relize it was not for me.
So I figured I'd go back to Fedora Core. I was previously using 3 and
figured it was time to use 5.

I installed 5 via telnet so am faced with no speakup modified kernel.
I've downloaded the kernel rpm from speakupmodified.org. The one which
is currently on my system is:

kernel                  i686       2.6.17-1.2139_FC5

So I downloaded the kernel I found on the ftp site which appears to have
the same version. The name of the rpm is

kernel-2.6.17-1.2139_FC5spk.i686.rpm

When I try to install it though I get an error about the gpg key. Output
is below.

kernel                  i686       2.6.17-1.2139_FC5  installed
37 M

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       1 Package(s)
Total download size: 37 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
35571ae2

Public key for kernel-2.6.17-1.2139_FC5spk.i686.rpm is not installed

So, first question is how do I install getting past this error?

Second question is what would be the correct syntax in removing the
original kernel installed by fc5 which is 2.6.15. I was looking in
/boot/grub/grub.conf and I see that one in there as well.

Third question. Am I correct in assuming that once the speakup modified
kernel is installed I still need to make the initial ram disk so that it
knows which synthesizer I'm using?

Thanks and FYI. I've read the various posts on the speakup archives
especially messages from Janina and Stephen but
none of them have mentioned the rpm and key bit. Many thanks in advance
to anyone who can help.

--
Raul A. Gallegos ... IliwSsmc