help with audio server?

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Jun 13 19:43:36 EDT 2006

Hi Tony:  Well I found that ices and icecast2 were the best server and
streamers for my purposes.  I installed the debian package once I had
everything working from the original source because it made it much
easier to have it upgraded.  The configuration files are pretty much
self explanitory from the comments.  Beyound that I'm not sure what to
tell you.  I haven't been using it for over a year now because the
university made me shut down egoplay and I don't have enough band
width here at the house to stream it.  So any changes which have taken
place since a bit over a year ago I am not familiar with.  Geoff Shang
uses it all the time though and keeps on top of the mailing lists and
the like so you may want to drop him a line.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061