Two questions

Robin Williams robster3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 26 05:05:14 EDT 2006

Hi all, I'm about to do my first independent installation of Fedora core 5 and I have two questions. The first is a bit basic.
  I've just had to format my laptop and lost all my data, and stupidly forgot that linux needs to run on an ext2 or ext3 partition, instead I created two fat32 partitions one of which has windows and the other on which I planned to install linux. Should I delete this partition and install Fedora on the free space or can I leave it there and have the Fedora installation convert it to ext3? If I should delete it which is the best way? I'm thinking about using parted in grml but am a bit nervous.

  Secondly is it possible to install Fedora to an external hard drive? I know you can boot in to it from one when beginning the installation but am not sure if it will pick up the drive when I go to install. If it's possible has anybody had any experiences, good or bad, with running Fedora core from an external drive?

  Thanks for any help.
Robin Williams