best linux version to use that is up to date now that fedora core isno longer being updated with speakup

Adrian Beech a.beech at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 24 04:52:15 EDT 2006

G'day,

Isn't there an FC5 kernel with SpeakUp compiled in that is downloable from
the SpeakUp site?  Going from memory you do the FC5 install thing, ummmm
somehow shrug, and then drop the kernel into the mix to get speech.  Janine
or someone else can you set me and others interested in this response
straight on this point... I'm presently downloading a VMWare FC5 virtual
appliance and I'm hoping to do just this as I've mentioned above.

Cheers.
AB