private vs. public IP addresses

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 14 12:59:56 EDT 2006

Yes, I didn't mention those because class d is reserved for multicast and
class E is listed as experimental, but thanks for bringing them up, because
now we've covered the entire range of IP's in ip4.

The class E addresses only go until 254.255.255.255; however, because
255.0.0.0 is blocked off, and as already mentioned: 255.255.255.255 is
broadcast.

Take care,
Sina