iptables questions

Tyler Littlefield compgeek13 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:04:23 EDT 2006

Hello list,
I tried running endoshield, and got a ton of errors.
So, now I will try to do it manually. I'm going through a tutorial now, and I have a coupel questions.
I can do the following.
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -dport 2200 -j queue
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -sport 2200 -j queue
to allow for the traffic on port 2200 to go through. I think.
But, lets say I create a rule for each port. The ones I want to allow, and the ones I don't want to allow.
I think I can use a -s to make it only local if I want.
Then, how would I block the ports that I haven't created rules for?
next, if I set up the box as a DMZ, in front of the router, is there a way that I can make it manage all traffic coming in and out of the network? Just like the router would?
Thanks,
~~TheCreator~~
website:
http://tysplace.shaned.net